Building up

We have pilings! For the past almost 3 years, my husband, dog, and myself have been living in a pull behind travel trailer. We are and will be forever grateful to have had the opportunity to live there and save money to build our home, but I WANT A HOUSE! It’s getting cramped and it’s a hard way to live!

As of now, we have our pilings in the ground and they have passed inspection. Now, we can start on our floor joists. Now that the process has started it's moving along so quick! We live in a small community where everyone knows everyone and everyone slows down, yells, waves, and honks their horn as they drive by and see our progress. It's like everyone is just celebrating! 




My husband Charlie, is such an amazing and hardworking man. I didn't mention before but, he is building our home! With some help from my dad, and many others within our community.

I hope i'm doing this blog thing right! If you have any suggestions or comments please leave me a comment. I'd also love to see who's stopping by and meet ya'll! 

Comments

  1. How exciting. I love the home building process. And I love that new house smell. If they had a candle with that scent, I would buy it by the case!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are looking forward to every part of our new home!

      Delete
  2. I can relate to the living in a trailer! We’ve been living in a fifth wheel! On and off (off in the winter) since 2014 and completely homeless as of last summer. With babies and dogs. Gah! It’s so exciting to see the progress start! There’s light at the end of the tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camper has been such a blessing, We are just so over it at this point!

      Delete
  3. PS I couldn’t reply to your comment on my post because you’re a no reply blogger. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

My Home Inspiration